Join today and start earning

Saturday 25 March 2017

I am academically comparable to brilliant students from Oxford University, BUK Best Graduate


BUK Best Graduate 2016I am academically comparable to brilliant students from top rated schools like Oxford University, BUK Best Graduate. 

Bayero University, Kano (BUK), best graduat student affirmed that she is academically comparable to brilliant students from top rated schools like Oxford University. In an exclusive interview with The Media correspondence, Haruna Usman, she further disclosed that she is not a born genius, but a genius made with hard work. Excerpts.



The Media: I am Haruna Usman, from an online media, www.themedia.com.ng, may I meet you ma'am?
Maryam: Sure Haruna, it’s a pleasure meeting you.

The Media: What is your full name and which department did you graduated from?
Maryam: My name is Maryam Ibrahim Magama.
I graduated from the department of Computer Science and Information Technology
The Media: You are the best Student at the BUK 33rd convocation, what is your CGPA?
Maryam: Yes, as the best graduating student of 2016/2017 I feel blessed
My CGPA is 4.85

The Media: How did you emerge at 4.85 CGPA? What has always been your GPA?
Maryam: It has always been prayers and hard work. As the saying goes it really pays to work hard. Actually my GPAs were always between 5.00 and 4.7

The Media: That is wow! Typically, how many hours do you read in a day?
Maryam: Haha...people always ask me this question
What I usually say is I read normally like every other students.
I can't say the exact hours. But all I know is that I read every day, whenever I feel I'm tired, I take some rest and then continue after some time.
When I have something to do, I first finish that task and then continue reading. This is all about my reading schedule.
The Media: Recently, while I was reading online comments, some students were saying, ladies usually emerge overall best students because they do mingle with lecturers. How true is this?
Maryam: OMG...this is so untrue. Though, I can't say for all in my own case we have well dignified lecturers and staff, they respect us as their students and we respect them as our lecturers.
Do they think even if students mingle with the lecturers they will just be giving them A's throughout? It is so unfair for people to think like that.
BUK Best Graduate 2016
The Media: Thanks for your response. Do you incorporate your study with other activities?
Maryam: Yes, during my course of study, I was a Class Rep for 3 sessions, Amira for 3 sessions, and 1 time Vice President of National Association of Computer Science Students (NACOSS) and also a tutor.

The Media: What was your worst moment during your Study?
Maryam: Actually I don't have any worst moment. They were actually my best moments.
I enjoyed every seconds, every minutes, every hours, every day, every months and years of university life. ‘Even though some moments were a little bit though’.

The Media: Who and who contributed to your success story?
Maryam: My parents for their prayers, good education and supports, my course mates for their prayers and good times we had, my family for their encouragement, my lecturers for the knowledge and moral they fed me with and all other persons that helped me one way or the other during my course of study.

The Media: Did you pass your SSCE, JAMB and UTME excellently?
Maryam: Yes I did. I passed my WAEC with 5 distinctions and 4 credits.

The Media: what of JAMB?
Maryam: I got the highest score in jamb in our secondary school with 252.
BUK Best Graduate 2016

The Media: Are you a born genius?
Maryam: No, but let me say a genius made with hard work but not born.

The Media: Have you been leading up your previous schools? Like secondary.
Maryam: No, I was an average student in my previous schools working hard just to pass and understand but not to lead.

The Media: As the BUK best graduating student, do you think you are on the same level academically compared to brilliant students from top rated schools like Oxford University?
Maryam: Yes. It’s all about believing in yourself and abilities.

The Media: What would be your advice to students?
Maryam: They should read, pray, and work hard. I wish them success.

The Media: Accept our warmth congratulations from The Media.
Maryam: Thank you, it is a pleasure. Good Job.

6 comments:

  1. Congratulations! Looking forward to seeing her excelling

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment Muhammad Salis

      Delete
  2. Nice one boss. Expecting more........

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your Comment, Raji. The Media really appreciate you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank You for your comment!

    ReplyDelete
  5. congrats Maryam may Allah increase you in knowledge

    ReplyDelete

Disclaimer:
Comments/Posts from users of this platform are of those users and do not represent the opinion or view of The Media.

Share With Others








Made in Nigeria: by The Media CEO


Fill To Write For Us or Send Us An Instant Message

Name

Email *

Message *

Download Our App

Download Our App
Download Our App